SubjectRe: [00/41] Large Blocksize Support V7 (adds memmap support)
Christoph Lameter wrote:
> True. That is why we want to limit the number of unmovable allocations and
> that is why ZONE_MOVABLE exists to limit those. However, unmovable
> allocations are already rare today. The overwhelming majority of
> allocations are movable and reclaimable. You can see that f.e. by looking
> at /proc/meminfo and see how high SUnreclaim: is (does not catch
> everything but its a good indicator).

Just to inject another factor into the discussion, please remember that
Linux also runs on nommu systems, where things like user space
allocations are neither movable nor reclaimable.

Bernd

--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6 80807 Muenchen