SubjectRe: VM/VFS bug with large amount of memory and file systems?
Date
On Sep 15, 2007, at 07:19:01, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 11:50 +0100, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
>> I haven't word wrapped it at all. The lines appear as whole lines
>> in Apple Mail (my email client). It must be your email client
>> that is wrapping them...
>
> Oddly, this line is still long in Andrew's reply but wrapped in
> yours. Must be some odd mailer interaction.

Actually Apple Mail.app sends format=flowed wrapped to 73
characters. So a wrapped line has a single space character right
before each 'wrapping' newline. If your mail client supports
format=flowed viewing and sends without format=flowed (like AKPM's
mailer appears to), then it will properly unwrap the lines and resend
without the wrapping. Mailers which *DONT* support format=flowed
will see the wrapped version. Normally this is what you want but
it's a PITA for patches and logfiles.

I believe with Mail.app if you attach a .txt file it will be
unmangled and sent as "Content-Type: text/plain" and "Content-
Disposition: inline", so most email-clients will display it as part
of the message.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett