    SubjectRe: kbuild update
    On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 08:58:03AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
    > On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
    >
    > > A summary of what is planned to be submitted in next merge window for kbuild.
    > > The shortlog below have additional details but the headlines are:
    > > o add script to find unused kconfig symbols (try it!)
    >
    > based on my experiences with this, unless you filter carefully, you're
    > going to end up with a *whack* of false positives given the number of
    > developers who elect to name their local macros starting with a prefix
    > of "CONFIG_". good luck dealing with *that*. :-)
    This is useful for specific people but not for kernel janitorial fodder.
    As you already experience the amount of false positive are too high.

    But for a developer of a module it is no deal to ignore the false
    positives.

    It is for godd reasons not integrated in the build process.

    Sam

      Last update: 2007-09-16 17:15    [W:0.021 / U:3.584 seconds]