    SubjectRe: Statement by SFLC (was Re: Wasting our Freedom)
    On 16/09/2007, Marc Espie <> wrote:
    > On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 09:17:41AM -0400, Eben Moglen wrote:
    > > We will make no more public statements until the work is complete, and
    > > we will be neither hurried nor intimidated by people who shout at us
    > > instead of helping.
    > As I said in a former email, this has several glaring problems.
    > As far as I understand, this is a public statement, even if it predates
    > the issue at hand.
    > Please fix it in a timely manner, or take it down for now.

    Most noticeably, I fail to see any credits to Reyk Floeter in the
    above press release.

    Moreover, back when the release was first posted at the above address,
    there was no credit even to the OpenBSD project, which I found simply
    outrageous! Only after I (and possibly others) have complained to
    SFLC did they append the release to give some really vague mention
    that OpenHAL is based on OpenBSD's ath(4) HAL.

    Eben, is this the work that you are doing in bringing the communities
    together, by omitting such vital information as giving credit to the
    people and projects who performed most of the work? After all of
    these mistakes, after ignoring the ethical side of the relicensing,
    after failing to inform when relicensing is even legally an option,
    are you seriously even surprised about the negative attention that
    SFLC is getting now? Taking a step aside, don't you agree it is

      Last update: 2007-09-16 16:45    [W:0.022 / U:6.700 seconds]