    SubjectRe: 2.6.23-rc6: hanging ext3 dbench tests
    On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 06:30:49PM +0100, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
    > Annoyingly this seems to be intermittent, and I have not managed to get
    > a machine into this state again yet. Will keep trying.

    Ok, I have been completly unsuccessful in reproducing this. Dispite
    having two distinct machines showing this behaviour. I have neither
    been able to reproduce it with those machine on 2.6.23-rc6 nor has any
    of the testing of any of the -git releases which follow thrown this
    error. I have run about 10 repeats of the jobs which failed too and
    none of those have thrown the same error.

    It is pretty clear from the dbench output that the problem is/was real,
    that its not some artifact of the test harness. I am a loss as to how to
    get this to trigger again.

    I guess I will keep monitoring the ongoing tests for new instances. I
    will also look to getting the sysrq-* stuff triggered automatically on
    job timeout as that seems like a sane plan in all cases.

    Frustrated.

    -apw

      Last update: 2007-09-14 11:53    [W:0.019 / U:1.220 seconds]