    SubjectRe: Credentials test patch
    Date
    Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

    > That "current_cred" thing is really too ugly to live.

    Agreed.

    > Why is it trying to make it look like a variable?

    Like 'current' for instance?

    static __always_inline struct task_struct *get_current(void)
    {
    return x86_read_percpu(current_task);
    }

    #define current get_current()

    > That will just confuse people, and/or make them think it's a cheap thing
    > rather than some complex function call.

    Yes, I know it's silly.

    One thing I was trying to do was make it possible to change how the cred
    structure was accessed without having to keep going back and change a whole
    load of stuff each time.

    > IOW, this patch should be taken out and shot, for apparently actively
    > trying to obfuscate what the heck is going on.

    It's a 'test' patch, as you'll note from the subject, and not particularly
    near completion. I'm interested in garnering useful comments, particularly on
    the points of concern that I raised.

    I have no intention of asking you to merge it as it stands - I was hoping that
    would be clear.

    David

      Last update: 2007-09-13 23:21    [W:4.292 / U:0.096 seconds]