SubjectBuilding a kernel-source RPM (not a kernel RPM)?

I sent this to kernel newbies first, and while I got one response there,
it answered a different question than the one I was asking...

I'm on a SuSE system.

I'm working on automating the install of said system, but it needs a
Linus kernel - specifically, and it needs kernel source too so
that we can build modules in the field as needed.

I see you can make an rpm of a bootable kernel with "make rpm".

Is there a streamlined way of building a corresponding kernel-source
RPM? Or do people pretty much all just dump the source in /usr/src, and
manually update symlinks as needed? If the latter, what symlinks need
to be updated?