    SubjectBuilding a kernel-source RPM (not a kernel RPM)?
    Date

    I sent this to kernel newbies first, and while I got one response there,
    it answered a different question than the one I was asking...

    I'm on a SuSE system.

    I'm working on automating the install of said system, but it needs a
    Linus kernel - 2.6.21.7 specifically, and it needs kernel source too so
    that we can build modules in the field as needed.

    I see you can make an rpm of a bootable kernel with "make rpm".

    Is there a streamlined way of building a corresponding kernel-source
    RPM? Or do people pretty much all just dump the source in /usr/src, and
    manually update symlinks as needed? If the latter, what symlinks need
    to be updated?

      Last update: 2007-09-12 18:27    [W:0.020 / U:94.436 seconds]