    SubjectRe: [00/41] Large Blocksize Support V7 (adds memmap support)
    On Wednesday 12 September 2007 06:42, Christoph Lameter wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Nick Piggin wrote:
    > > > I guess you would have to run that without my targeted slab reclaim
    > > > patchset? Otherwise the slab that are in the way could be reclaimed and
    > > > you could not produce your test case.
    > >
    > > I didn't realise you had patches to move pinned dentries, radix tree
    > > nodes, task structs, page tables etc. Did I miss them in your last
    > > patchset?
    > You did not mention that in your earlier text.

    Actually, I am pretty sure actually everything I mentioned was explicitly
    things that your patches do not handle. This was not a coincidence.

    > If these are issues then we
    > certainly can work on that. Could you first provide us some real failure
    > conditions so that we know that these are real problems?

    I think I would have as good a shot as any to write a fragmentation
    exploit, yes. I think I've given you enough info to do the same, so I'd
    like to hear a reason why it is not a problem.

      Last update: 2007-09-11 23:15    [W:0.021 / U:0.516 seconds]