SubjectRe: [00/41] Large Blocksize Support V7 (adds memmap support)
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Nick Piggin wrote:

> It would be interesting to craft an attack. If you knew roughly the layout
> and size of your dentry slab for example... maybe you could stat a whole
> lot of files, then open one and keep it open (maybe post the fd to a unix
> socket or something crazy!) when you think you have filled up a couple
> of MB worth of them. Repeat the process until your movable zone is
> gone. Or do the same things with pagetables, or task structs, or radix
> tree nodes, etc.. these are the kinds of things I worry about (as well as
> just the gradual natural degredation).

I guess you would have to run that without my targeted slab reclaim
patchset? Otherwise the slab that are in the way could be reclaimed and
you could not produce your test case.

  Last update: 2007-09-11 22:21    [W:1.206 / U:0.012 seconds]