    SubjectRe: Fwd: That whole "Linux stealing our code" thing
    Adrian Bunk wrote:
    > On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 01:37:18PM -0400, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
    >>> What myth? The myth that Theo understands dual licensing?
    >> Reyk's code was never dual licensed, so it's not like it even matters
    >> to the original dispute.
    > It's no longer dual licenced in the FreeBSD tree because the FreeBSD
    > people removed the GPL choice of the dual licenced code 3 months ago.
    > So all of Theo's accusations of people breaking the law by making this
    > dual licenced code GPL-only apply as well to the FreeBSD people...

    Sigh, why actually check the facts when you can make them up. The code
    in question is my code. It has my copyright (modulo bits shared with
    onoe-san who was consulted on the switch from dual-bsd/gpl to bsd only
    in freebsd). Of course what was amusing was how after I changed the
    license on the current code in freebsd certain folks retroactively
    applied the license changes to code that was 3 years old.

    But is there a point to all this nonsense? I dual-licensed the code so
    folks could adopt and use it however they saw fit. As I've said before
    I don't care what people do with the work I give away so long as they
    don't claim it's their own.

    >> That said, I don't see what exact wording you consider inaccurate.
    > Both the FreeBSD and Linux people draw the logical conclusion that this
    > "Alternatively" means everyone can always choose to remove one of the
    > two choices alternatively offered.
    > According to Theo, that is "breaking the law"...

    I've yet to see "FreeBSD people" speak up so again you're just spouting
    jibberish. I am speaking up as the author of the code that set the dual
    license in place. I have the definitive say and I have said that any of
    my code that is dual-licensed can be made gpl only.

      Last update: 2007-09-02 00:05    [W:0.023 / U:1.988 seconds]