    SubjectRe: Fwd: That whole "Linux stealing our code" thing
    On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 01:37:18PM -0400, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
    > On 01/09/07, Jeff Garzik <> wrote:
    > > Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
    > > > This will hopefully help diminish certain myths about the code licensing.
    > >
    > > What myth? The myth that Theo understands dual licensing?
    > Reyk's code was never dual licensed, so it's not like it even matters
    > to the original dispute.

    It's no longer dual licenced in the FreeBSD tree because the FreeBSD
    people removed the GPL choice of the dual licenced code 3 months ago.

    So all of Theo's accusations of people breaking the law by making this
    dual licenced code GPL-only apply as well to the FreeBSD people...

    > That said, I don't see what exact wording you consider inaccurate.

    Both the FreeBSD and Linux people draw the logical conclusion that this
    "Alternatively" means everyone can always choose to remove one of the
    two choices alternatively offered.

    According to Theo, that is "breaking the law"...

    > C.

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
    Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

      Last update: 2007-09-01 22:57    [W:0.019 / U:10.064 seconds]