    Subjectatomic open (was Re: [RFC 01/10] Split up struct nameidata)
    > On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 07:16:23PM +0200, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
    > > Split up struct nameidata into struct vfs_lookup with the lookup result
    > > and intent and the remaining fields for performing an actual lookup.
    >
    > Looks good as a start, but please don't put a struct path in there,
    > as the vfsmount will go away from the lookup intent as soon as we have
    > a new inode operation for atomic create + open, and not having it in the
    > struct path will make that removal a lot less painfull.

    Btw, is the atomic open/create/truncate operation any further than
    conceptual phase? Have we worked out what to do with the ugly "create
    follows symlink" case?

    I'm just about to add another hack to the VFS to enable atomic
    open+truncate for fuse, and have a feeling that it will provoke some
    not so positive reactions ;)

    Miklos

      Last update: 2007-08-09 10:29    [W:0.018 / U:212.632 seconds]