    SubjectRe: Documentation files in html format?
    Andi Kleen <> :
    > I would say the track record of existing DocBook deployment is not good enough
    > to justify further use. Plain html can be converted into all these
    > formats easily too and overall it makes a much nicer user experience.

    xsltproc converts from docbook to html fast enough (PDF with a docbook
    Java/fop toolchain is a different story). Your experience is a bit

    > Also I would expect much more people will know how to write html versus
    > DocBook.

    Yes, it is easy to write more or less random html. I'd even prefer plain
    utf8 text.

      Last update: 2007-08-09 21:15    [W:0.018 / U:139.028 seconds]