    SubjectRe: Disk spin down issue on shut down/suspend to disk
    On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 09:51 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
    > On Tue, 07 Aug 2007, Tejun Heo wrote:
    > > Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
    > > > Any chances of changing things
    > > > so that we inspect/snoop all tasks sent to the device, and filter them
    > > > out, or react to them accordingly?
    > >
    > > No, we can't unless we snoop ACPI method execution and detect accesses
    > > to IO ports or iomem regions. It's not going through any driver. This
    > > is a gross mess.
    > I don't mean fixing the stuff clowns like Toshiba did. The correct fix for
    > that is to blacklist the hell out of that crap and patch their DSDT into
    > something remotely sane.
    > I do mean snooping the ACPI methods that *return* a taskset to send to the
    > driver, and we send that taskset ourselves in libata and libpata(?).

    I haven't read the whole thread in every detail, but this sounds like a
    very intrusive, overdosed workaround.

    Are the DSDT/SSDTs already lying around somewhere (collecting them in a
    bug assigned to ACPI component should be a good idea)?
    Could someone give me a pointer where this happens (best in code and

      Last update: 2007-08-07 15:07    [W:0.025 / U:20.464 seconds]