    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Blackfin arch update for 2.6.23
    On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 09:07 -0700, David Brownell wrote:
    > On Sunday 05 August 2007, Mike Frysinger wrote:
    > > On 8/5/07, Bryan Wu <> wrote:
    > > > Bryan Wu (4):
    > > > Blackfin SPI driver: Initial supporting BF54x in SPI driver
    > > >
    > > > Michael Hennerich (11):
    > > > Blackfin arch: store labels so we later know who allocated GPIO/Peripheral resources
    > > > Blackfin arch: add peripheral resource allocation support
    > > > Blackfin arch: Add label to call new GPIO API
    > > > Blackfin SPI driver: Make BF54x SPI work and add support for portmux API
    > > > Blackfin SPI driver: use new GPIO API and add error handling
    > >
    > > i think this is the sort of thing Linus wants left for initial merge windows ?
    > What, merging patches that have never even been seen by the relevant
    > subsystem maintainer(s)?
    > I've never seen any of those SPI patches before, and am not inclined
    > to try plucking three of them out of a composite patch for a separate
    > review ...

    Yeah, although the Blackfin on-chip SPI driver is originally developed
    by Luke Yang, currently it is maintained by me. Sorry for this missing,
    I will send driver update patches
    to related subsystem maintainers in LKML.

    > Same goes for GPIO, for that matter. It's harder to goof those up,
    > but it's still possible. If those were reviewed I personally might
    > be inclined to OK merges after RC1; GPIOs get used almost everywhere.
    > (Pretty much as Bryan commented...) Those look more like portmux
    > changes than GPIO changes though.

    Actually, I wanna to obey the merge window policy, but there are some
    many changes in my local tree related to GPIO, silicon anomaly (common
    fixing). So I choose GPIO changes in this git-pull, thanks for your
    understanding situation.

    I will remove the SPI driver patch from this GIT-PULL, a new GIT-PULL
    will be requested.
    (Frankly speaking, I am afraid of being added to Linus's shit-list for
    the next few releases, -:(( ).

    Thanks a lot, Mike and David.
    Best Regards,

    - Bryan Wu

      Last update: 2007-08-07 04:11    [W:0.022 / U:1.492 seconds]