    SubjectRe: recent nfs change causes autofs regression
    > > It's not very conservative to suddenly change default behavior and break
    > > autofs mounts. There is not even one kernel message that "_tells_ user why
    > > it thinks it's wrong". It just silently fails.
    >
    > No it doesn't. It reports an error code to the caller. If autofs is
    > failing silently, then that is a bug in autofs: mount will report the
    > error to the user.

    Wrong(tm).

    autofs AND mounting at the commandline just say:
    mount.nfs: /mnt is already mounted or busy

    Which has an actual information value of about 1%.

    In my case i moved a nfs exported directory inside another nfs-exported
    directory month ago and placed a symlink where the direcotry was (on the
    server-side). It never acured to me that that was "wrong"(tm).

    Now i can only mount one of the two mounts and the other just tells
    "busy".

    After reading this i could fix my case easyly. I just erased the
    "deeper" mount and symlinked the directory from the other mount.

    But YOU HAVE TO KNOW THAT YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG. Just getting a "Busy"
    lets you staying with Question-marks flying around you head!

    Bis denn