    SubjectRe: Who wants to maintain KR list for stable releases? (was Re: nmi_watchdog=2 regression in 2.6.21)
    Date
    Adrian Bunk wrote:
    > On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 12:42:02AM -0700, Natalie Protasevich wrote:
    >> Then I think bugzilla needs:
    >> adding more categories such as security,
    >
    > "security" would be a flag like "regression", not a category.
    >
    >> system calls (lots of
    >> implementation suggestions for posix and non-posix ones),
    >
    > Bugzilla is for tracking bugs, not for discussing possible
    > kernel features.
    >
    > Tracking feature or implementation suggestions wouldn't make sense.
    > Consider e.g. that there are several people on linux-kernel who often
    > write what they think the kernel should do but who never write a single
    > line of code themselves. There's no value in tracking such stuff.

    That's an interesting viewpoint, only programmers have useful
    thoughts... ignoring users, people who have CS degrees but don't code,
    etc. I would think there's value in any rational suggestions which
    include technical justification for the suggestion.

    --
    Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>