    SubjectRe: [-mm patch] make types.h usable for non-gcc C parsers
    On 8/28/07, Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org> wrote:
    > > > But I'd like a better description, please. Which "non-gcc parser" are we
    > > > talking about here? Something under ./scripts/. Well, please identify it,
    > > > and describe what the problem is, and how the proposed patch will address
    > > > it.
    > >
    > > It's about parsers like the Sun C compiler and the C parser shipped
    > > with genksyms.
    >
    > So it is about two bugs.
    > 1) kbuild (genksyms) fails to generate CRC for some symbols
    > 2) allow userspace to parse the header
    >
    > As for 2 we already use sed to remove a lot of stuff in our headers
    > so why do we use another approach here?

    the sed removes things permanently and is designed for scrubbing
    things that are kernel-only ... in this case, these typedefs are not
    kernel only, but exposed conditionally when the compiler/standard
    allows for it
    -mike

      Last update: 2007-08-28 19:45    [W:0.022 / U:31.048 seconds]