SubjectRe: [Tech-board-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:12:56 +0200 Jes Sorensen wrote:

> Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:01:55 +0200
> >
> >> But replacing the flawed KS list with one based on actual
> >> contributors, from the git logs as I proposed last week, doesn't seem
> >> silly.

I agree.

> > to some degree the KS list is based on that git logs thing ;)
~~~~
Good thing you put a ;) there, Arjan.

> Yes, as well as 12 committee members, of which 5 didn't even comply with
> their own git commit requirement last time I checked. Not to mention the
> 10 seats sold to sponsors (presuming it goes like in previous years,
> with each sponsor being awarded one grease slot per sponsorship).

Yes, I'm not fond of the PC automatic invites either.
(that's Program Committee, not politically correct or other PC
acronyms)

> Based on the published list of invitees (which didn't seem to include
> the seats sold off) that means 25% of the people who can vote for the
> TAB were not given a vote based on their contributions.
>
> Of course this matches the voting system in some countries, but just
> because a lot of places rely on broken systems, that shouldn't encourage
> the TAB to do the same.

---
~Randy

  Last update: 2007-08-27 17:07    [W:0.149 / U:0.108 seconds]