    SubjectRe: [Tech-board-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections
    On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:12:56 +0200 Jes Sorensen wrote:

    > Arjan van de Ven wrote:
    > > On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:01:55 +0200
    > >
    > >> But replacing the flawed KS list with one based on actual
    > >> contributors, from the git logs as I proposed last week, doesn't seem
    > >> silly.

    I agree.

    > > to some degree the KS list is based on that git logs thing ;)
    ~~~~
    Good thing you put a ;) there, Arjan.

    > Yes, as well as 12 committee members, of which 5 didn't even comply with
    > their own git commit requirement last time I checked. Not to mention the
    > 10 seats sold to sponsors (presuming it goes like in previous years,
    > with each sponsor being awarded one grease slot per sponsorship).

    Yes, I'm not fond of the PC automatic invites either.
    (that's Program Committee, not politically correct or other PC
    acronyms)

    > Based on the published list of invitees (which didn't seem to include
    > the seats sold off) that means 25% of the people who can vote for the
    > TAB were not given a vote based on their contributions.
    >
    > Of course this matches the voting system in some countries, but just
    > because a lot of places rely on broken systems, that shouldn't encourage
    > the TAB to do the same.

    ---
    ~Randy

      Last update: 2007-08-27 17:07    [W:0.023 / U:183.884 seconds]