    SubjectRe: [Tech-board-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections
    Arjan van de Ven wrote:
    > On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:01:55 +0200
    >
    >> But replacing the flawed KS list with one based on actual
    >> contributors, from the git logs as I proposed last week, doesn't seem
    >> silly.
    >
    > to some degree the KS list is based on that git logs thing ;)

    Yes, as well as 12 committee members, of which 5 didn't even comply with
    their own git commit requirement last time I checked. Not to mention the
    10 seats sold to sponsors (presuming it goes like in previous years,
    with each sponsor being awarded one grease slot per sponsorship).

    Based on the published list of invitees (which didn't seem to include
    the seats sold off) that means 25% of the people who can vote for the
    TAB were not given a vote based on their contributions.

    Of course this matches the voting system in some countries, but just
    because a lot of places rely on broken systems, that shouldn't encourage
    the TAB to do the same.

    Jes

      Last update: 2007-08-27 14:17    [W:0.019 / U:29.932 seconds]