SubjectRe: Firewire lockup on in SMP but not UP, old drivers
Andrew Burgess wrote:
> what's the best way to proceed? Debug old drivers or
> switch to new ones?

As I mentioned in the branch of the discussion which lost the Cc: LKML,
this kind of bug looks like requiring a good look at the interaction of
raw1394's and ohci1394's locking (and maybe ieee1394's, but this seems
less likely).

It's hard work, and I don't have much experience with the code in
question nor do I have much time at the moment nor is there anybody else
who fixes ieee1394 subsystem bugs on a regular basis. Nevertheless,
this kind of bugs should still be fixed in the "old" drivers. They
haven't reached their end of life yet.
Stefan Richter