SubjectRe: [Tech-board-discuss] Re: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections
On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 17:22 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> <removed as its subscriber only>
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 10:22:59AM -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
> > The elections for five of the ten members of the Linux Foundation
> > Technical Advisory Board[TAB] are held every year, currently the
> > election will be at the 2007 Kernel Summit in a BOF session.
> >
> > Anyone is eligible to stand for election, simply send your nomination
> > to:
> >

> > Only people invited to the kernel summit will be there in person (and
> > therefore able to vote), but if you cannot attend, your nomination email
> > will be read out before the voting begins.
> >
> > We currently have Three nominees:
> >
> > Arjan van de Ven <>
> > Greg Kroah Hartman <>
> > Christoph Lameter <>
> >
> > The deadline for receiving nominations is up until the BOF where the
> > election is held (on the evening of either the 5th or 6th of September.
> > Although, please remember if you're not going to be present that things
> > go wrong with both networks and mailing lists, so get your nomination in
> > early).
> I have a reservation about voting for any of the above.
> Normally during any process involving votes, there exists some sort
> of "why you should vote for me" type statement. Does such a thing
> exist for this process ?
> Not that I've anything against any of the above candidates, but this
> should probably be more than just a popularity contest.

Yes ... well, there was a need to get away from the cronyism of OSDL in
the past. The problem was to come up with a mechanism that did away
with this. The elected one was about the best we could find, but if
you've an alternative suggestion, by all means let's hear it.

  Last update: 2007-08-22 23:47    [W:0.102 / U:5.492 seconds]