    SubjectRe: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections
    <removed ksummit-2007-discuss@thunk.org as its subscriber only>

    On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 10:22:59AM -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
    > The elections for five of the ten members of the Linux Foundation
    > Technical Advisory Board[TAB] are held every year, currently the
    > election will be at the 2007 Kernel Summit in a BOF session.
    >
    > Anyone is eligible to stand for election, simply send your nomination
    > to:
    >
    > Tech-board-discuss@lists.linux-foundation.org
    >
    > Only people invited to the kernel summit will be there in person (and
    > therefore able to vote), but if you cannot attend, your nomination email
    > will be read out before the voting begins.
    >
    > We currently have Three nominees:
    >
    > Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
    > Greg Kroah Hartman <greg@kroah.com>
    > Christoph Lameter <christoph@lameter.com>
    >
    > The deadline for receiving nominations is up until the BOF where the
    > election is held (on the evening of either the 5th or 6th of September.
    > Although, please remember if you're not going to be present that things
    > go wrong with both networks and mailing lists, so get your nomination in
    > early).

    I have a reservation about voting for any of the above.
    Normally during any process involving votes, there exists some sort
    of "why you should vote for me" type statement. Does such a thing
    exist for this process ?

    Not that I've anything against any of the above candidates, but this
    should probably be more than just a popularity contest.

    Dave

    --
    http://www.codemonkey.org.uk