    SubjectRe: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections
    <removed as its subscriber only>

    On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 10:22:59AM -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
    > The elections for five of the ten members of the Linux Foundation
    > Technical Advisory Board[TAB] are held every year, currently the
    > election will be at the 2007 Kernel Summit in a BOF session.
    > Anyone is eligible to stand for election, simply send your nomination
    > to:
    > Only people invited to the kernel summit will be there in person (and
    > therefore able to vote), but if you cannot attend, your nomination email
    > will be read out before the voting begins.
    > We currently have Three nominees:
    > Arjan van de Ven <>
    > Greg Kroah Hartman <>
    > Christoph Lameter <>
    > The deadline for receiving nominations is up until the BOF where the
    > election is held (on the evening of either the 5th or 6th of September.
    > Although, please remember if you're not going to be present that things
    > go wrong with both networks and mailing lists, so get your nomination in
    > early).

    I have a reservation about voting for any of the above.
    Normally during any process involving votes, there exists some sort
    of "why you should vote for me" type statement. Does such a thing
    exist for this process ?

    Not that I've anything against any of the above candidates, but this
    should probably be more than just a popularity contest.

      Last update: 2007-08-22 23:35    [W:0.020 / U:1.860 seconds]