    SubjectRe: Problems with IDE on linux 2.6.22.X
    Date
    El Miércoles, 22 de Agosto de 2007 00:08, Rene Herman escribió:

    > You have a SATA harddrive (Hitachi Travelstar 5K100 100GB SATA/2.5") and an
    > IDE (also known as PATA) DVD drive (LG GMA-4082N). That is, your disk
    > should be driven by the:
    >
    > "Intel ESB, ICH, PIIX3, PIIX4 PATA/SATA support"
    >
    > under the "Serial ATA (prod) and Parallel ATA (experimental) drivers" menu,
    > and it seems this driver should also take care of your DVD. Not sure from
    > your report what you are using -- first try with only that driver, and
    > nothing from the old "ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support" menu selected.
    >
    > In that situation, your harddrive works, but your DVD does not?

    Okay, now it's tested as you said. In fact, in this way with only the SATA
    drivers activated and ATA/ATAPI support completely unselected, my HDD works
    but my DVD not.

    And so...

    > If so, this should be fixed in the driver, but to get things working I
    > believe you may try with both the above driver for your harddisk and the
    > old IDE driver for the DVD:
    >
    > <*> Enhanced IDE/MFM/RLL disk/cdrom/tape/floppy support
    > <*> Include IDE/ATAPI CDROM support (NEW)
    > [*] PCI IDE chipset support
    > [*] Generic PCI bus-master DMA support
    > <*> Intel PIIXn chipsets support

    Checked.

    > (do not select IDE/ATA-2 disk support)

    Unselected.

    Now, I have this kernel panic:
    ###################
    #VFS: cannot open root device "sda3" or unknown-block (0,0)
    #Please, append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available
    #partitions:
    #1600 4194302 hdc driver: ide-cdrom
    #Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
    #unknown-block(0,0)

    > where you may need to boot with a "libata.atapi_enabled=0" kernel
    > parameter.

    This parameter has no effect. I have the same kernel panic with or without it.

    José Luis Patiño.

      Last update: 2007-08-22 03:45    [W:0.022 / U:1.600 seconds]