    SubjectRe: RFHelp: Splitting MAINTAINERS into maintainers/* and Makefile/Kconfig support
    Hi Joe.

    > > Perhaps with a little automation it could be revived,
    >
    > Which is the help I'm looking for.
    >
    > Can someone please help here on ideas or implementation
    > adding a makefile target for MAINTAINERS from files
    > in a specific subdirectory?

    Adding a specific target på top-level Makefile is easy to
    do so I assume you are looking for something more advanced?

    And that part "more advanced" I do not know what is.
    It is easy to traverse the tree and build up a file
    and I think the easies is to do so in perl or similar.

    Doing so using the normal kbuild machinery is not soo
    good since it will be parallel and we want something serail
    here.

    If you define how the Maintainer info is stored we can work
    out something.

    Sam

      Last update: 2007-08-17 16:49    [W:3.263 / U:0.256 seconds]