SubjectRe: Documentation files in html format?
Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 03:10:57PM +0200, Stefan Richter wrote:
>> One note on asciidoc: I experienced the same as Willy when I wanted to
>> build git with manpages on a distribution without prebuilt asciidoc.
> I assume you had troubles with the docbook utilities and not asciidoc itself.
> asciidoc is used to generate the format used by docbook utilities to
> generate man-pages.

Probably. I repressed the memory of that traumatizing experience.

> The html example I posted previously were made solely by asciidoc and no
> additional docbook stuff.

Good. The vanilla asciidoc-8.2.2.tar.gz looks like it can be installed
without any prerequisites besides Python >=2.3. (The distro which I am
currently using has prepackaged versions of asciidoc.)
Stefan Richter