    SubjectRe: encrypted hibernation (was Re: Hibernation considerations)
    * Pavel Machek (pavel@ucw.cz) wrote:
    > Hi!

    > > > Encryption is possible with both the userland hibernation (aka uswsusp) and
    > > > TuxOnIce (formerly known as suspend2). Still, I don't consider it as a "must
    > > > have" feature for a framework to be generally useful (many users don't use it
    > > > anyway).
    > >
    > > If a user uses an encrypted filesystem, then he also needs an encrypted
    > > swap and encrypted hibernation image: Otherwise the fileystem encryption
    > > is not very useful.
    >
    > Actually, we can do most of that stuff already.
    >
    > We can encrypt filesystems, encrypt swaps (LVM), and encrypt hibernation.

    But can you do what my original question was; find a way to lose a luks
    encrypted device key and cleanly unmount the filesystem that was
    using it? (and preferably put it all back together after resume).

    Dave
    / Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
    \ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /