    SubjectRe: 2.6.23-rc1-mm2
    On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 03:58:48 -0400 "Mike Frysinger" <vapier.adi@gmail.com> wrote:

    > On 8/1/07, Paul Mundt <lethal@linux-sh.org> wrote:
    > > On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 11:09:32PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > > > - Is anyone testing the kgdb code in here?
    > >
    > > Testing, yes. Succeeding, no. It's utterly hosed on SH in its present
    > > condition at least. Presumably it's been tested on at least one platform
    > > with some measure of success, but it's certainly not mine ;-)
    >
    > does kgdb actually have a chance to get merged ?

    I was hoping for a 2.6.24 merge. But I haven't actually looked at it yet.
    Hopefully Jason is planning to get it all out for review soonish.

    > with the history of
    > it, i just assumed it was never going in, so we've been using our own
    > kgdb patch on Blackfin ... so the version *we have* works great :) but
    > if there's a chance of this actually going mainline, we can see about
    > testing that version as well ...

    Please, do so.

    But runtime testing isn't actually the most important thing at this time -
    if is doesn't work, well hey, we fix it, easy - we always have bugs. The
    main emphasis right now should be on higher-level design/review/integration
    stuff.

      Last update: 2007-08-01 10:13    [W:0.023 / U:89.496 seconds]