SubjectRe: Linux Kernel cfs scheduler and xorg kbd
On 08/01/2007 03:07 PM, Indan Zupancic wrote:

> On Wed, August 1, 2007 14:50, Rene Herman wrote:

>>> Could the people who had or have keyboard problems try out Dmitry's
>>> input locking patches, and see if those help:
>>> And if it does, report it to him, either there or here after CCing him.
>> I'm having trouble reproducing this at will -- it sounded as though Teresa
>> had less trouble at least originally. Teresa?
> Same here, so testing is a pain. I was more thinking about running a patched
> version for a day or longer and see if it happened or not. For me it happened
> irregularly, but definitely a few times a day.
> (It might help if people report what they're using. So, for what it's worth, I'm
> using a PS/2 keyboard with xorg 1.2.0 with the "keyboard" driver.)

PS/2 keyboard, 1.3.0 (version is at the top of /var/log/Xorg.0.log, or
wherever your distribution puts that log), and this xkb config (in

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "kbd"
Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
Option "XkbVariant" "euro"
Option "XkbOptions" "compose:rctrl"

(you can forget that XkbVariant -- it's not yet in most distributions).

Problem as observed here consists of a sporadically stuck delete key in
Thunderbird, using kernel vanilla -- not yet observed using