    SubjectRe: Linux Kernel cfs scheduler and xorg kbd
    On 08/01/2007 03:07 PM, Indan Zupancic wrote:

    > On Wed, August 1, 2007 14:50, Rene Herman wrote:

    >>> Could the people who had or have keyboard problems try out Dmitry's
    >>> input locking patches, and see if those help:
    >>> And if it does, report it to him, either there or here after CCing him.
    >> I'm having trouble reproducing this at will -- it sounded as though Teresa
    >> had less trouble at least originally. Teresa?
    > Same here, so testing is a pain. I was more thinking about running a patched
    > version for a day or longer and see if it happened or not. For me it happened
    > irregularly, but definitely a few times a day.
    > (It might help if people report what they're using. So, for what it's worth, I'm
    > using a PS/2 keyboard with xorg 1.2.0 with the "keyboard" driver.)

    PS/2 keyboard, 1.3.0 (version is at the top of /var/log/Xorg.0.log, or
    wherever your distribution puts that log), and this xkb config (in

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Keyboard0"
    Driver "kbd"
    Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
    Option "XkbLayout" "us"
    Option "XkbVariant" "euro"
    Option "XkbOptions" "compose:rctrl"

    (you can forget that XkbVariant -- it's not yet in most distributions).

    Problem as observed here consists of a sporadically stuck delete key in
    Thunderbird, using kernel vanilla -- not yet observed using

      Last update: 2007-08-01 15:31    [W:0.022 / U:15.704 seconds]