    SubjectTHINKPAD_ACPI_INPUT_ENABLED seems regressive
    When updating this IBM ThinkPad T43p from 2.6.22 to 2.6.23-rc1
    using make oldconfig, the text and default Y of

    bool "Enable input layer support by default"
    depends on THINKPAD_ACPI
    default y
    Enables hot key handling over the input layer by default. If unset,
    the driver does not enable any hot key handling by default, and also
    starts up with a mostly empty keymap.

    If you are not sure, say Y here. Say N to retain the deprecated
    behavior of ibm-acpi, and thinkpad-acpi for kernels up to 2.6.21.

    made it sound like a good thing, so I configured it Y. But its only
    effect seems to be to disable the key I use most, Fn+F4 to suspend to
    RAM. It also disables Fn+F3 to blank the screen, though I don't use
    that one; but does not disable the brightness and ThinkLight keys,
    presumably because they just get mapped to KEY_RESERVED.

    The same remains true with latest kernel git. Perhaps there's some
    other config option without which this option is useless, which I
    don't have set? My .config for latest git attached.

    I get along fine now with THINKPAD_ACPI_INPUT_ENABLED disabled; but
    suggest that its text is misleading, and default Y questionable.
    Or perhaps there's a bug, and I can help try patches.

    Hugh[unhandled content-type:application/x-config]
     \ /
      Last update: 2007-08-01 15:11    [W:0.020 / U:10.540 seconds]