SubjectRe: SMART problems in 2.6.22
Hi Bruce
>> From some of the earlier threads that I missed (below) I have the
> impression that the problem may be a very simple one, namely that
> starting with 2.6.22 one needs to run a command to enable SMART when a
> box is first booted -- the kernel no longer does this as part of the
> init/setup of the disks. But that is NOT consistent with the first two
> reports above, which show 'SMART ENABLED'.
>
> Here are some of the earlier threads that I completely missed:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org/msg164863.html
This is mine and although it's a 'real' problem, it is something that's easy to
hack around by having the suspend script turn on smart after it is resumed. (Of
course I can't use resume until a skge wol bug is fixed so I won't see/test this
unless asked too.)

The smart init scripts run '-s on' when the system boots anyway for my system -
this problem only occurs for me during suspend/resume. Maybe smartd should
detect that as Alan says.

Please let me know if there's anything else you need.

David

  Last update: 2007-07-09 13:57    [W:0.119 / U:0.264 seconds]