    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] usb-storage autosuspend bug?

    On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Alan Stern wrote:

    > I don't think it's a refcounting problem. My guess is that the
    > underlying cause is the bug in your urb->status removal patch for
    > usb_start_wait_urb() -- the one I fixed here:
    >
    > http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=118531582013355&w=2
    >
    > Of course, my guess could be wrong. I haven't tried to recreate
    > Linus's bug with that patch reverted. But with the patch present I was
    > not able to duplicate the bug.

    I finally got around to testing this, and while I still have problems with
    that reader, I can't reproduce the oops with that patch in place either.

    Of course, I only ever saw the oops once, so I really don't know how
    reproducible it was. Maybe you have to remove the USB reader at _just_ the
    right moment. But I did get

    usb 2-6: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
    usb 2-6: USB disconnect, address 4
    sd 6:0:0:1: [sdc] Result: hostbyte=0x07 driverbyte=0x00
    end_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 1999855
    scsi 6:0:0:1: rejecting I/O to dead device

    so the testing was done with the kind of behaviour that resulted in an
    oops and a dead khubd last time around.

    So I guess I'll ack the patch for whatever that is worth.

    Over to you, Greg..

    Linus

      Last update: 2007-07-30 05:03    [W:0.098 / U:29.360 seconds]