SubjectRe: Sparc32 not working:2.6.23-rc1 (git commit 1e4dcd22efa7d24f637ab2ea3a77dd65774eb005)

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 07:26:29PM +0100, Mark Fortescue wrote:
>> I am going to try to cherry pick a set of commits to see if I can't get a
>> better idear of where the memory corruption on sun4c is coming from. Build
>> problems sue to the DMA changes make git bisecting un-usable untill I have
>> found out which patches fix the DMA build issues.
>
> You have any known-good kernel?
>
> Boot back into this kernel for bisecting and compiling the kernels for
> bisecting there.

As I said, bisecting does not work if you can't build the kernel because
of un-defined symbols spanning most of the revisions you are interested
in.

I have isolated the revisions that do not build so I should be able to
cerry pick a commit/commits that fixes the build issues. Once done, I will
be able to investigate the original issue.

If it were practical to do a build test on all supported platforms before
submitting patches then this would not be so much of an issue but ...