    SubjectACPI on Averatec 2370
    I have an Averatec 2370 laptop with the nVidia MCP51. With kernel
    2.6.20 I had no issues with ACPI however with 2.6.21 and higher the
    kernel will hang on boot until I press the suspend button or the power
    button in which case the kernel wakes up and finishes the boot
    process. Including the following support only causes the issue:

    [*] ACPI Support

    What I mean by that is every ACPI option has been deactivated and only
    ACPI support checked. The boot process with 2.6.21 and higher hangs at
    the point where the Scheduler is being registered.

    io scheduler cfq registered (default)

    If I allow it to sit there it never comes back to life and finishes
    booting. If I press the power or suspend button it will finish booting
    as expected.

    I've scoured google for quite a while but cannot find any relevant
    information pertaining to this issue. For now I've disabled ACPI

      Last update: 2007-07-29 20:09    [W:0.021 / U:187.284 seconds]