SubjectRe: CONFIG_IDE_PROC_FS: /sys is not full replacement of /proc
Date

Hi,

On Wednesday 18 July 2007, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> May be I miss something obvious but most information that was available
> in /proc/ide is missing under /sys. At the very least, Mandriva hardware
> detection expects /proc/ide/hdX/model; nothing close is under /sys.

It is really better to obtain some information using IOCTLs (i.e. SMART
data) but for other like "model" it makes perfect sense to add them to /sys.

> Are there any plans to extend IDE /sys interface to provide full range of
> information from /proc? Alternatively I appreciate description (or pointer to
> thereof) how to get information that was available under /proc/ide
> without /proc/ide :)

Could you please add the information that you find missing to the existing
infrastructure in ide.c (ide_dev_attrs[] table)?

Thanks,
Bart

  Last update: 2007-07-26 22:03    [W:0.029 / U:0.500 seconds]