SubjectRe: [ck] Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23
On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 16:19 +1000, Matthew Hawkins wrote:
> On 7/25/07, Nick Piggin <nickpiggin@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> > Not to say that neither fix some problems, but for such conceptually
> > big changes, it should take a little more effort than a constructed test
> > case and no consideration of the alternatives to get it merged.
>
> Swap Prefetch has existed since September 5, 2005. Please Nick,
> enlighten us all with your "alternatives" which have been offered (in
> practical, not theoretical form) in the past 23 months, along with
> their non-constructed benchmarks proving their case and the hordes of
> happy users and kernel developers who have tested them out the wazoo
> and given their backing. Or just take a nice steaming jug of STFU.

Heh. Here we have a VM developer expressing his interest in the problem
space, and you offer him a steaming jug of STFU because he doesn't say
what you want to hear. I wonder how many killfiles you just entered.

-Mike

  Last update: 2007-07-25 08:51    [W:1.016 / U:0.084 seconds]