SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Re: Hibernation considerations
Date
Hi.

On Sunday 22 July 2007 02:13:56 Jeremy Maitin-Shepard wrote:
> It seems that you could still potentially get a failure to freeze if one
> FUSE process depends on another, and the one that is frozen second just
> happens to be waiting on the one that is frozen first when it is frozen.
> I admit that this situation is unlikely, and perhaps acceptable.
>
> A larger concern is that it seems that freezing FUSE processes at all
> _will_ generate deadlocks if a non-synchronous or memory-map-supporting
> filesystem is loopback mounted from a FUSE filesystem. In that case, if
> you attempt to sync or free memory once FUSE is frozen, you are sure to
> get a deadlock.

Ok. So then (in response to Alan too), how about keeping a tree of mounts,
akin to the device tree, and working from the deepest nodes up? (In
conjunction with what I already suggested)?

Regards,

Nigel
--
See http://www.tuxonice.net for Howtos, FAQs, mailing
lists, wiki and bugzilla info.

  Last update: 2007-07-22 00:21    [W:0.289 / U:0.104 seconds]