    SubjectRe: [RFH] Partion table recovery
    On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 08:35:45AM +0100, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
    > On 20 Jul 2007, at 06:13, Al Boldi wrote:
    > >As always, a good friend of mine managed to scratch my partion
    > >table by
    > >cat'ing /dev/full into /dev/sda. I was able to push him out of the
    > >way, but
    > >at least the first 100MB are gone. I can probably live without the
    > >first
    > >partion, but there are many partitions after that, which I hope should
    > >easily be recoverable.
    > >
    > >I tried parted, but it's not working out for me. Does anybody know
    > >of a
    > >simple partition recovery tool, that would just scan the disk for lost
    > >partions?
    >
    > parted and its derivatives are pile of crap... They cause corruption
    > to totally healthy systems at the best of times. Don't go near them.
    >
    > Use TestDisk (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk) and be happy.
    > (-:

    Thanks for this link Anton, it looks awesome and I'll add it to my
    collection :-)

    I mostly use vche (virtual console hex editor) to look for strings, find
    offsets and/or fix data by hand. This should make me save some time !

    Regards,
    Willy

      Last update: 2007-07-21 21:43    [W:0.022 / U:0.744 seconds]