SubjectRe: Regression with sys_time() speedup patch
On 7/20/07, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> wrote:
> But, is it safe to introduce another variable different from
> xtime.tv_sec? Since xtime.tv_sec is referred in many other places,
> I'm afaid this may bring confusion...

Perhaps not if they are changed.

Somewhere where I cannot find them right now I've seen some bug
reports where the use of different time sources also caused problems.
This is no new situation. Whenever one case uses xtime and another
case recomputed the time we have a discrepancy and this lead to
user-observable problems.

If this new variable can be used throughout it might be the right
solution. But then there is of course the question why we have xtime
in the first place.

If/When I find the bug reports I'll point Ingo to them.

  Last update: 2007-07-20 18:53    [W:0.025 / U:0.044 seconds]