    SubjectRe: [GIT-PULL] pull from UBI git

    On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
    > please pull from upstream branch of
    > git:// to receive the following
    > updates:

    Please don't hide the branch name in the free-flowing text, and instead
    write your "please pull" messages like this:

    Please pull the upstream branch from

    git:// upstream

    to receive the following updates:

    so that I don't miss the right branch-name even by mistake.

    I try to be careful, and I think I missed the branch-name just once (and
    noticed it when the diffstat didn't match), but this is something I want
    to teach every git user to know very intimately: make it impossible to
    make mistakes, by always keeping the whole git information together, and
    never mixed up with any free-flowing explanation.

    Pulled. Thanks,

      Last update: 2007-07-18 19:33    [W:0.022 / U:189.508 seconds]