SubjectRe: [ofa-general] Further 2.6.23 merge plans...
 > > But to be fair, it will be difficult to enable both QoS and local PR
> > caching. To me, this would be the strongest reason against using it.
> > However, QoS places additional burden on the SA, which will make scaling
> > even more challenging.
>
> my understanding is that the local sa does a path-query where all the fields
> except for the SGID are wildcard-ed. This means we expect the result to be a
> table of all the paths from this port to every other port on the fabrics for
> every pkey which this port is a member of etc, correct?
>
> How do you plug here the QoS concept of SID in the path query? are you
> expecting the SA to realize what are all the services for which this port is
> a "member"? does the proposed definision for QoS management at the SA
> defines "services per gids" isn't it "what SL to user per Service"?

Or, thanks for rescuing this post.

I think this is an important question. If we merge the local SA
stuff, then are we creating a problem for dealing with QoS? Are we
going to have to revert the local SA stuff once the QoS stuff is
available? Or is there at least a sketch of a plan on how to handle
this?

- R.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans