    SubjectRe: [patch] revert: [NET]: Fix races in net_rx_action vs netpoll
    On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 03:29:15PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, David Miller wrote:
    > >
    > > Ingo is the only person hitting and reporting this and last time I
    > > checked he is competent enough to revert the thing locally in his own
    > > trees, right? :-)
    > Umm. And your suggestion is what? Wait until -rc1, when non-developers
    > (the kinds of people who are supposed to *not* be competent enough) come
    > along, and report the problem?
    > That's explicitly what I do *not* want to happen.
    > If we knew something was wrong before the -rc1 release, all the better: we
    > can avoid havign that bug in -rc1, and the people who test it will tell us
    > about the problems we did *not* know about.

    Unfortunately the particular patch from Olaf is presumably covering up
    another bug that other people (including Olaf) had hit. So reverting
    it is going to introduce a different regression.

    I think this particular problem has _already_ bounced back and forth
    once. But I haven't been keeping count as most of the relevant patches
    weren't cc:ed to me.

      Last update: 2007-07-17 01:21    [W:0.020 / U:6.564 seconds]