    SubjectRe: [patch] revert: [NET]: Fix races in net_rx_action vs netpoll

    * David Miller <> wrote:

    > From: Ingo Molnar <>
    > Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:51:17 +0200
    > > i also offered to quickly try any test-version of the fixed patch, so
    > > there's a real and deterministic path towards fixing the patch. The
    > > regression is obvious and triggers all the time.
    > For you.

    I can certainly keep the revert around in my trees. (although it's a
    complication, i have to take care for it to never leak out into any
    external trees, etc. - but it's not a big issue)

    Fundamentally, i trust Olaf to fix this quickly, and i dont want to make
    a too big fuss about this, but in general it's always better to revert
    patches causing known regressions (unless the revert is hugely complex
    and other changes depend on it - but this isnt the case here). I can
    also run whatever test-patches of Olaf, that would instrument/dump
    whatever info is needed to fix this. So Olaf's debugging effort is not
    hindered in any way as far as i can see.

    I think if you leaned back and thought it through, and if you applied
    this scenario to a bad scheduler commit from me that broke your box,
    you'd readily agree with me =B-) (which scenario is purely hypothetical,
    my scheduler commits are all 100% perfect of course ;-)

      Last update: 2007-07-17 00:39    [W:0.075 / U:244.784 seconds]