    SubjectRe: Documentation of kernel messages (Summary)
    From
    On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 22:12:35 -0400, rob wrote:

    > > > The problem is, the generated htmdocs are in english. This file is about
    > > > how to generate (and author) English documentation that won't be
    > > > translated. What's the point of translating the instructions if the
    > > > result won't be translated?
    > >
    > > People (who even in non-native) would better to know and read it such
    > > htmldocs because there are good and important documents even in English.
    > > I thought that translation of this file may help.
    >
    > The english version of htmldocs is generated from the source code. If
    > translating remotely current versions of htmldocs into other languages was
    > feasible, then the english version wouldn't need to be in the source code in
    > the first place.
    >
    > Translating a document _about_ htmldocs boils down to "Dear non-english
    > speaker: here's something you can't read, nor can you update it either except
    > though your language maintainer."

    No, kernel-doc-nano-HOWTO includes explanation of tools to extract the
    document, format of extractable document in source files and so on.
    I thought this file would help non-native people, how to extract or add
    in-kernel extractable documents.
    I understand that these tools will generate English documents but
    that's OK. Such large volume of documents are not easy to translate
    into other languages.