SubjectAsk for help, about the trivial patches.
I am working on the chinese translated version of
Documentation/SubmittingPatches and get some problem about the "Trivial
patches".I can not understand what "Trivial patches" exactly means.The
documentation said:

Trivial patches must qualify for one of the following rules:

Spelling fixes in documentation
//Understand

Spelling fixes which could break grep(1)
//Is there any wrong spelling won't break grep(1)?

Warning fixes (cluttering with useless warnings is bad)
//Understand

Compilation fixes (only if they are actually correct)
//Understand

Runtime fixes (only if they actually fix things)
//What kind of runtime fixes? Could anyone give some examples?

Removing use of deprecated functions/macros (eg. check_region)
//Understand

Contact detail and documentation fixes
//Means Contact detail fixes and documentation fixes, right?
Are all the documentation fixes "trivial"?

Non-portable code replaced by portable code (even in arch-specific,
since people copy, as long as it's trivial)
//Do not understand the words in the brackets.

Any fix by the author/maintainer of the file (ie. patch monkey
in re-transmission mode)
//It means if I am the author of a file, when I modify the file, the
patch is trivial, right?

Please give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

  Last update: 2007-07-13 21:21    [W:0.264 / U:0.476 seconds]