SubjectRe: -mm merge plans -- anti-fragmentation
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:20:43 +0100
mel@skynet.ie (Mel Gorman) wrote:

> > create-the-zone_movable-zone.patch
> > allow-huge-page-allocations-to-use-gfp_high_movable.patch
> > handle-kernelcore=-generic.patch
> >
> > Mel's moveable-zone work. In a similar situation. We need to stop whatever
> > we're doing and get down and work out what we're going to do with all this
> > stuff.
> >

> Whatever about grouping pages by mobility, I would like to see these go
> through. They have a real application for hugetlb pool resizing where the
> administrator knows the range of hugepages that will be required but doesn't
> want to waste memory when the required number of hugepages is small. I've
> cc'd Kenneth Chen as I believe he has run into this problem recently where
> I believe partitioning memory would have helped. He'll either confirm or deny.

Still no decision here, really.

Should we at least go for

add-__gfp_movable-for-callers-to-flag-allocations-from-high-memory-that-may-be-migrated.patch
create-the-zone_movable-zone.patch
allow-huge-page-allocations-to-use-gfp_high_movable.patch
handle-kernelcore=-generic.patch

in 2.6.23?

  Last update: 2007-07-12 21:33    [W:0.118 / U:1.476 seconds]