    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.22 released
    * Linus Torvalds ( wrote:
    > But yeah, if Debian/sid is just using random compiler snapshots of the
    > day, I htink we can just bury this as "pointless".

    Err, debian/sid *isn't* defaulting to gcc-4.2 yet, but it is made
    available to people who want to install it and play with it.

    Additionally, the kernel build is actually tied to a specific compiler
    (doesn't default to just using whatever the default compiler is) so even
    when gcc-4.2 is eventually made the default compiler the linux images
    built for Debian won't use it immediately. That change will be made
    seperately and after additional testing to make sure it doesn't break
    the built kernel which is distributed.

      Last update: 2007-07-12 02:13    [W:0.047 / U:30.316 seconds]