    SubjectRe: x86 status was Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
    > Can you please shed some light on me, how exactly you switch an
    > architecture gradually to clock events.

    For example, we can make sure that the code in question that actually
    touches the hardware stays exactly the same, and then just move the
    interfaces around - and basically guarantee that _zero_ hardware-specific
    issues pop up when you switch over, for example.

    That way there is a gradual change-over.

    The other approach (which would be nice _too_) is to actually try to
    convert one clock source at a time. Why is that not an option?

      Last update: 2007-07-12 00:25    [W:0.020 / U:7.148 seconds]