    SubjectRe: Gmail and flowed text (was Re: Correction to LZO1X)
    Hi,

    On 7/11/07, Gerb Stralko <gerb.stralko@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > 2) If you have a box available at home (or elsewhere), use that to
    > > relay mail through.
    > >
    > read linux mail from you gmail account. When you need to send a patch,
    > send it from a linux box using pine, but change the From to your gmail
    > account. Like Jesper suggested works great! Best of both worlds.

    Just changing the "From:" in pine (configured for my other account)
    wouldn't solve the problem. I'd have to first forward the original mail
    to my other account and/or copy it manually, which I'd like to avoid ...

    > This link will help:
    > http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/pc/#gmail
    >
    > Scroll down untill you see a yellow box section that say:
    > Gmail Tips
    > * If you want to use the Gmail SMTP server for your outgoing
    > messages, I recommend that you create a Pine Role that includes these
    > ACTIONS:

    Ok, I read through the relevant bits of that page, thanks. My box
    here doesn't resolve smtp.gmail.com / pop.gmail.com and there
    could be firewalling issues on top of that, so I'm not too hopeful ...
    but I'll give it a try definitely.

    Thanks,
    Satyam

      Last update: 2007-07-11 16:27    [W:0.031 / U:241.456 seconds]