    Subjectgcc + kvm + 64 bit ? confused :-/

    Hi all,

    question...

    I'm a bit confused using the -march=xxx options for gcc when using a
    kernel virtual machine...
    Getting errors on smp when using the -march=nocoma for gcc... possibly
    because smp is not fully supported yet I suppse.

    I guess my question is, when installing kvm, is the virtual machine 64
    bit capable or should I install 32 bit OS ?

    I installed an amd64 debian image and it seems to be running
    fine...except for the problem mentioned above.

    And what type of architecture do i have to mention with gcc in a kvm ?
    march ... arch...

    thx !

    karnak:/usr/local/src/sendmail-8.14.1# cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor : 0
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 2
    model name : QEMU Virtual CPU version 0.9.0
    stepping : 3
    cpu MHz : 1994.974
    cache size : 128 KB
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 2
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
    cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall lm up pni
    bogomips : 3929.02
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    power management: